You have the power to choose.The difference between the modern hybrid inverters and the commonly used off-grid inverter systems are outlined below.
HYBRID INVERTERSThese combine solar and battery storage in one. Solar energy generated during the day can be stored and used at night. When the stored energy is depleted, the grid can be used as back up which allows the consumer to have 'the best of both worlds'.
- Can connect to either grid, PV (solar) or battery power or a combination of the three.
- These are 'intelligent' and optimize the best combination of power supply, based on parameters that are programmed into the inverter to suit your specific requirements.
- No moving parts.
- Can export excess power to the grid.
- Full remote (off site) monitoring and support
- 5 Year warranty. (Luxpower)
- More costly than off-grid inverters.
OFF - GRID INVERTERSAn off-grid system is not connected to the electricity grid and therefore requires battery storage.
- Lower capital outlay than hybrid inverters.
- Have a generator port so that you can quite easily go completely off-grid.
- 5KW output on gird, PV and battery.
- 2 x MPPT (maximum power point tracking) allowing 4 string inputs.
- Full remote (off site) monitoring and support.
- Limited input options (the Luxpower off-grid inverter is unique in that it can run both battery and grid simultaneously)
- 2 year warranty. (Luxpower)
- Fan cooled = moving parts.
- Cannot export to the grid.